Welcome The Caller
- Answer The Phone With A Smile.
- Start With A Friendly And Professional Greeting.
- Introduce Yourself And The Practice.
- Write Down The Caller’s Name.
Remember: Repeat back the caller’s name throughout the conversation.
Extend An Invitation
- Ask for the appointment on every call!
- Find out caller’s best availability.
- Offer two times for an appointment.
- Utilize the “whittle and shepherd” method to narrow down an appointment time.
Fact: Offering two specific times increases your odds of booking an appointment by more than 40%.
Inquiry & Overcome
- Ask the patient’s reason for calling.
Rather than quoting price:
- Offer a free consultation.
- Provide financing options like Care Credit or cash discounts, and help file claims with insurance.
- Confidently explain the value of service
- Guide toward the appointment.
Collect Caller Information
- Collect important information to contact the patient.
- Ask the best way to reach him or her.
- Confirm the appointment date and time.
- Explain how long the appointment will take.
- Remind him or her of what time to arrive.
- Share which documents and materials are needed, as well as what paperwork they should expect.