1. PIPEDA Assurances. In the event Business Associate creates, receives, maintains, or otherwise is exposed to personally identifiable or aggregate patient or other medical information defined as Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, Business Associate shall:
Recognize the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, apply to a business associate of a covered entity in the same manner that such sections apply to the covered entity;
Not use or further disclose the PHI, except as permitted by law;
Not use or further disclose the PHI in a manner that the Client done so, would violate the requirements of PIPEDA;
Use appropriate safeguards (including implementing administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for electronic PHI) to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of and to prevent the use or disclosure of the PHI other than as provided for by this Agreement;
Comply with each applicable requirement of 45 C.F.R. Part 162 if the Business Associate conducts Standard Transactions for or on behalf of the Covered Entity;
Report promptly to the Client any security incident or other use or disclosure of PHI not provided for by this Agreement of which Business Associate becomes aware;
Ensure that any subcontractors or agents who receive or are exposed to PHI (whether in electronic or other format) are explained the Business Associate obligations under this paragraph and agree to the same restrictions and conditions;
Make available PHI in accordance with the individual's rights as required under the PIPEDA regulations;
Account for PHI disclosures for up to the past six (6) years as requested by Covered Entity, which shall include:
dates of disclosure,
names of the entities or persons who received the PHI,
a brief description of the PHI disclosed, and
a brief statement of the purpose and basis of such disclosure;
Make its internal practices, books, and records that relate to the use and disclosure of PHI available to the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services for purposes of determining Customer’s compliance with PIPEDA; and
Incorporate any amendments or corrections to PHI when notified by Customer or enter into a Business Associate Agreement or other necessary Agreements to comply with PIPEDA.
2. Termination Upon Breach of Provisions. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, Covered Entity may immediately terminate this Agreement if it determines that Business Associate breaches any term in this Agreement. Alternatively, Covered Entity may give written notice to Business Associate in the event of a breach and give Business Associate five (5) business days to cure such breach. Covered Entity shall also have the option to immediately stop all further disclosures of PHI to Business Associate if Covered Entity reasonably determines that Business Associate has breached its obligations under this Agreement. In the event that termination of this Agreement and the Agreement is not feasible, Business Associate hereby acknowledges that the Covered Entity shall be required to report the breach to the Canadian Government, notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or Agreement to the contrary.
3. Return or Destruction of Protected Health Information upon Termination. Upon the termination of this Agreement, unless otherwise directed by Covered Entity, Business Associate shall either return or destroy all PHI received from the Covered Entity or created or received by Business Associate on behalf of the Covered Entity in which Business Associate maintains in any form. Business Associate shall not retain any copies of such PHI. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that Business Associate determines that returning or destroying the Protected Health Information is infeasible upon termination of this Agreement, Business Associate shall provide to Covered Entity notification of the condition that makes return or destruction infeasible. To the extent that it is not feasible for Business Associate to return or destroy such PHI, the terms and provisions of this Agreement shall survive such termination or expiration and such PHI shall be used or disclosed solely as permitted by law for so long as Business Associate maintains such Protected Health Information.
4. No Third Party Beneficiaries. The parties agree that the terms of this Agreement shall apply only to themselves and are not for the benefit of any third party beneficiaries.
5. De-Identified Data. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Agreement, Business Associate and its subcontractors may disclose non-personally identifiable information provided that the disclosed information does not include a key or other mechanism that would enable the information to be identified.
6. Amendment. Business Associate and Covered Entity agree to amend this Agreement to the extent necessary to allow either party to comply with the Privacy Standards, the Standards for Electronic Transactions, the Security Standards, or other relevant state or federal laws or regulations created or amended to protect the privacy of patient information. All such amendments shall be made in a writing signed by both parties.
7. Interpretation. Any ambiguity in this Agreement shall be resolved in favor of a meaning that permits Covered Entity to comply within the then most current version of PIPEDA and the PIPEDA privacy regulations.
8. Definitions. Capitalized terms used in this Agreement shall have the meanings assigned to them as outlined in PIPEDA and its related regulations.
9. Survival. The obligations imposed by this Agreement shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
Offer ends June 4, 2023, and is limited to prospective customers who participate in a Adit services demonstration and are actively employed by a dental practice. by May 31, 2022. No purchase of Adit services is required. The $50 Amazon gift card will be emailed to the company participating in the demo within 4 weeks of completion of the demo. Offer may not be combined with any other offers and is limited to one (1) gift card per office. Offer is not available to current customers or to prospective customers or individuals that have participated in a Adit demo during the prior six (6) months. Recipient is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with receipt and/or use of the gift card as well as reporting the receipt of the gift card as required under applicable federal and state laws. Adit is not responsible for and will not replace the gift card if it is lost or damaged, is not used within any applicable timeframe, or is misused by the recipient. Adit is not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the recipient’s participation in the promotion or receipt or use of the gift card. Recipient agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Adit from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to a recipient’s participation in the promotion and/or recipient’s acceptance, use or misuse of the gift card. This offer is sponsored by Adit Communications, Inc. and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Amazon.
Schedule A Demo Before 00/00
A team member will be reaching out soon to schedule your free demo
Cut your software bill by up to 60% when you merge everything your dental office needs to run under one roof.